Zivijo! I'm Eva from Slovenia (not to be mistaken with Slovakia) and I'm an Erasmus exchange student - not an ordinary one though. Why? Check it out! ;)

mercoledì 24 ottobre 2007

The benefits of blogging

So, let me see. Only one week has passed since I was introduced into the world of blogs. I've never done it before - because I try to spend as little time as possible at the computer, because I prefer doing other things in my free time - but I think it could be quite interesting and useful. Usually if I have to choose between an open-air activity as for example picking grapes at my boyfriend's family vineyard and chatting, blogging or other activities involving a computer I undoubtedly opt for the open-air activity. It may seem strange to you that I as a student of translation don't like working on computer as PCs represent an essential tool for translating. Well, to be honest, I'm not sure I will ever translate in my life. I like languages, that's true, but translating is probably too stressful for me. But let's leave problems that are to be solved in future and let's concentrate on blogging.

So, as I already mentioned, I think the experience will be useful. Firstly because I will read a lot of different blogs, which will help me build on my vocabulary, secondly because I will have to participate actively with my comments and posts, which will probably improve my writing skills. It is true that you can learn new words and learn how to write good texts in many other ways, but blogging is not only useful it is pleasant as well. It combines learning and being creative at the same time. The result is that you improve your language without even being aware of it. (oh, it sounds like an advertisement! ;))

5 commenti:

vale ha detto...

Hei Eva!Cool, I'm so happy to be in the same group of an Erasmus student...I'm just in love with Erasmus, the project, the life, the students that decide to start this adventure..good, welcome to padova and enjoy this wonderful year!
Reading your posts on the blogosphere I understand that we've got the same opinion on blogs...they are useful but we prefer real life!!

Giovanna S. ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.
Giovanna S. ha detto...

Hi Eva!

I’ve just read about the new groups. I was in group J, but Sarah put me in group I. I asked her to stay in my first group (J), and I hope she will agree, so we will know each other better during the speaking lesson and interacting online!
Your blog is very nice, clear and well-organized. In particular, I like your picture and your brief introduction. Good job!

As regard this post, I agree with you: creating and updating a blog is very interesting and useful. Even though open-air activities or face-to-face interaction are preferable, I think that blogging is stimulating because it is a creative activity, and I like it very much. We can do whatever we want, whenever we want (except for the e-tivities, because we have a deadline!). You emphasized the creativity of this tool too.
While we are writing our own blog and visiting other blogs, we are also sharing ideas and improving our English, especially informal English. As you pointed out, we can enrich our vocabulary and improve our writing skills. Moreover, thanks to others’ comments, we can understand our mistakes. So we have always to consider blogs as important and useful sources!!
At the beginning of the course I was curious about blogs as language learning tools. I have already a blog with two friends of mine but I had never thought that blogs could have this particular aim. Now I’m appreciating blogs also in this way. We can improve and practise our English in an exciting and creative way!! I think this is great!

See you and happy Halloween!


Giovanna S.

Fred ha detto...

Hi Eva! I realized a little late that Sarah changed the groups and now we're in the same one! So...since the deadline for the activity has already passed and we all wrote the same things in our blogs and comments, I write this comment just to say hello and welcome to the group. I'm sure we'll know better. Bye, Federico.

Fred ha detto...

Hi Eva. I realized a little late that Sarah changed the group and from now we're in the same one! Since the timeline for the activity has already passed and we all wrote the same things in our posts and comments, I write this comment just to say hello and welcome you to the J-group. We'll have the chance to know better and share aour activities. Bye, Federico.